Surveillance and Patrol
Tactical Surveillance Robots
At SuperDroid Robots we provide a wide range of tactical, surveillance, negotiation, HAZMAT, and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) robots. Our specialty is being able to inexpensively customize any of our robots to suit your specific needs and budget! We can also build completely custom robots from scratch! Call us or use our contact form to ask us any questions you may have.
These pages are intended to help you become familiar with our products that fit specific applications. We build all our robots to order. Since we design, build, test, and support all our robots at our facility in North Carolina, USA, customization is fast and NOT expensive. We offer many standard robots, all of which can be customized with options to meet your budget and needs.
We offer many different surveillance options with our UGVs (Unmanned Ground Vehicles). We have a wide variety of cameras and pan and tilt systems. These allow operators to observe situations from a safe distance. You can view those camera feeds through our Operator Control Units (OCUs). The following are camera and OCU systems we have deployed
- IR LED cameras for total darkness observation.
- 27X optical zoom cameras with low light vision. High intensity LED lights to allow the robot to see everything.
- Thermal imaging or Forward-Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) cameras can are available on request.
- Camera Pan and Tilts to move a camera around and quickly assess a situation.
- A variety of cameras on the robot allow an operator to observe their surroundings with ease.
- 3D surveillance is possible with installable camera lifts.
- 1-Way audio systems, so you will have eyes and ears. 2-way audio will allow you to have a voice via the robot's PA.
- Secondary Monitors allow command outpost stations a set of eyes and ears. Or use the secondary monitoring station for several entry teams!
- Repeaters for our digital radios allowing you to extend the robots operating range. These repeaters also improve the signal's ability to pass through obstructions like steel or concrete.
- Fast Situational Awareness - The UGVs will perform persistent observation! Our robots can investigate confined spaces, providing quick and reliable situational awareness. They can also watch entry or exit points.
- Remote Room Clearance - Operators can clear rooms, buildings, tunnels, and more. Remote observation through video and audio feeds allow for quick situation assessment! Our UGV's are compact, lightweight, and easy to deploy!
- Covert Surveillance - Covert and safe entry into hazardous situations. Ideal for SWAT, first responders, law enforcement, homeland security, customs, and more!
- Search Hostage and Barricaded Subjects - Remotely search houses, apartments, schools, etc. using the UGVs for search of barricaded subjects or hostages keeping officers safe. Use the UGVs for Bomb Squad, EOD, Police, Security, Remote Surveillance, Suspect investigation, SWAT, and tactical purposes.
- Climbing stairs and obstacles - Our Tracked UGVs can climb over most obstacles and go up and down stairs that often stop other robots.
- Entry into difficult areas - All of our wheeled tactical UGVs are 4WD robots, providing very quick response. They have the ability to navigate obstacles quickly and effectively.
It features a camera/video system, control system, and charging station. The robot is very portable as it weighs only 14.5 lbs. Each of its four wheels are driven by independent high-rpm gear motors. These robots are amazingly agile, discrete, and incredibly tough. The system comes with everything you need to go to work, whether it’s inspecting crawl spaces under houses or providing a first line of defense in tactical situations. The built in infra-red camera allows you to see in total darkness while under normal light it is a high quality color picture.
The LT2 and LT2-F Tactical Surveillance Robot are our best selling tactical robots. They are a perfect balance of size, speed, weight, mobility/maneuvrability, and capability. The LT2-F was qualified during a series of NIST tests.
The LT2 is capable of climbing household stairs and obstacles. The LT2-F includes rear flipper/stabilizer arms, which are used to lift the robot's nose onto high obstacles. They also act as a stabilizer to prevent roll over on steep pitches. With the rear Flipper/Stabilizer arms the LT2-F is capable of climbing aggressive stairs and obstacles.
The HD2-S features a tracked design that allows it to climb over most obstacles including stairs. It features an optional 27x 360 degree Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera assembly with high power LED lights allowing you to see in any direction and in almost any lighting situation. The large Heavy Duty Robot will push, pull, or plow over large objects and climb over virtually any obstacle during remote surveillance. The large aggressive tracks allow you to easily climb stairs and drive over obstacles. Multiple cameras and Operator Control Units (OCUs) are available for control and observation. Available 2-way Audio makes hostage negotiation a breeze. The entire package is developed, designed, built, configured, tested, and supported by SuperDroid Robots in NC USA.
The LT2 and LT2-F Tactical Surveillance Robot are our best selling tactical robots. The LT2-F was qualified during a series of NIST tests. The tracked robot is perfect balance of speed, power, size, weight, and mobility. With all the features of the LT2/F Bulldog, the addition of a removable 4-Axis arm makes it an even more versatile tool.
The removable 4-axis arm makes this robot the most versatile tool for clearing rooms, removing suspicious packages, remote surveillance, etc. The arm can easily be added or removed for different missions and clearance requirements. With the arm removed, it is great for driving under cars, beds, etc. With the arm installed, the robot is great for opening doors, moving and inspecting suspicious packages, etc. Protective storage and transport crates are also available.
The HD2-S features a tracked design that allows it to climb over most obstacles including stairs. It features an optional 27x 360 degree Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera assembly with high power LED lights to allow you to see in any direction and in almost any lighting situation. With all the features of the HD2=S Doberman, the addition of a multi-axis arm makes this robot even more versatile.
The multi-axis arm allows the operator to open doors, provides assistance in scaling obstacles, moving debris, inspecting suspicious items, and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) at a safe distance. The strong arm is capable of lifting 20 lbs. when it is fully extended. With the available 5th axis the arm can rotate 360+ degrees at the base making it a very versatile tool.